Graduate Arts Internships
Even if you have already worked prior to your Masters, gaining additional experience in the industry you want to pursue will help focus your coursework. You may even want to consider doing an overseas internship, to further broaden your experience and cross-cultural skills.
All graduate students will need to gain academic approval prior to commencing any internship unit offered, to ensure the placement is relevant to studies.
Get academic credit. Graduate students are able to complete 12 credit points through their internship unit. APG5044 Professional Internship is available during semester or during summer or winter breaks, reducing your course load during the semester.
- Available to domestic and international students
- Available in a wide range of host organisations, including for profit and not-for profit
- Includes academic assessment activities
- Available in Semester 1 and 2, Winter Semester, Summer Semester A & B (2019)
- Duration: Approximately 144 hours of placement
- Average WAM of 60 Credit across units contributing to relevant masters degree and approval from course coordinator.
- APG5044 Unit is a a capstone and should be completed in the final year/semester of your masters degree.
- Students in a 72 or 96 point degree will need to have completed a minimum of 48 credit points by the time of starting their internship. If you are undertaking a 48 point masters this requirement is waived and you can undertake a WIL unit in the final semester of your masters.