Pollinate Energy Fellowship Program – India
Organisation Name: Pollinate Energy
Position: Student Fellowship Program
Location: Lucknow, Kanpur, Hyderabad (India)
About the OrganisationPollinate Energy is a social business based in Australia and India. They bring life-changing products to people who need them most: the millions living in poverty in India’s urban slums.
They recruit, train and support local Indian micro-entrepreneurs, our “Pollinators”, to go tent-to-tent supplying these life changing products on microloans to those living in urban slums. They are focused on sustainable, low-tech high-impact products that create an immediate benefit to our customers.
Launched in 2012 with a solar light trial in a large Bangalore slum, they’ve grown into 5 cities, impacted 93,000 people and our Pollinators have sold over 20,000 life-changing products.
About the Internship
Designed to foster tomorrow’s leaders, Pollinate Energy’s Student Fellowship program brings together young people from all backgrounds who have a passion for improving lives through social business models and environmentally sustainable solutions.
You will spend 3-4 weeks on the ground in one of our city offices with a team of aspiring young change makers who are keen to pursue a career that truly makes a difference. You will learn about the lives of families living in India’s slums and spend time interacting with them to understand their challenges and needs, and you will put that learning into practice as you work alongside our team on strategic projects that help improve our business.
During your time in India you will create a lasting impact – both for yourself and for the communities that we serve.
During the City Incubation Program you will:
- Help Pollinators to forge relationships with key community stakeholders
- Reviewing data & market research to identify most viable communities for Pollinators to initially target
- Work with city managers & India HQ to support our Pollinators in their first months as Micro-Entrepreneurs
- Tracking uptake and use of new products in communities and seeking customer feedback
- Review, update & map locations and sizes of slum communities, as well as identifying and visiting new communities.
During the City Growth Program you will:
- Conduct community surveys and market analyses to recommend new product lines
- Developing new branding strategies and collateral to support our Pollinators to sell effectively
- Sourcing and trialling new products in communities and seeking customer feedback
- Mapping slum communities across the city and collecting customer data through interviews.
*For dates check out visit Pollinate Energy’s website as applications are NOW OPEN*
Scholarships & Funding
For further information about available scholarships and funding please click on the links below:
How to Apply
You will need to submit an application directly via the links available on Pollinate Energy’s Student Fellowship Program page. If your internship is approved you may be able to submit a ‘self-sourced’ application to the WIL Team to count towards APG5044 Professional Internship.
For more information please contact the WIL team.