Postgraduate students undertaking a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) can find supervision through the ACJC, History, English, Philosophy, Religion and Theology, or any other discipline. Students work in a variety of fields and disciplines that reflect on the main areas of teaching and research covered by the ACJC.
- Enid Hinde Burstin, 'Taking a Stanza: Gender, Power, Equality and Justice in Inter-war Yiddish Poetry by Women' (Dr Irena Klepfisz, R. Wilson).
- Adina Bankier-Karp, 'Catalysts of Continuity: A Study of Influential Experiences Enhancing and Compromising the Jewish Identity of Australian Jewish Millennials' (R. Cooper, A. Markus)
- Emmanuel Gruzman, 'Intergenerational Experiences of Russian-speaking Jews in Melbourne: Economic and Cultural Integration' (A.Markus)
- David Solomon, 'Transmitting the Sacred Symbol: Methodologies in Translation of Zoharamaic' (N Wolski, R Wilson)
- Tom Hull, 'Honest to God: Truth, Theodicy and Intercession in 3 Enoch's Heavenly Law Court' (N Wolski, T Prosic)
- Rebecca Lobel, 'Jewish Women of the Ottoman Empire, 16th - Early 17th Centuries' (N Wolski, C James)
COMPLETED PhD DISSERTATIONS
- Jessica Taft, 'The Australian special humanitarian program for the entry of Soviet Jews and Australian offshore refugee policy: 1972-1980' (A.Markus, L. Garrett) Winner of the Arts Faculty Mollie Holman Doctoral Medal for Excellence 2014
- Kay Dreyfus, 'Silences and Secrets: The Australian Experience of the Weintraub Syncopators' (A . Markus, A. Thomson)
- Melanie Landau, 'The Idea of Acquisition in Traditional Jewish Marriage'
- Keren Rubinstein, ‘Concrete Dreaming; National Subjects and Narrative Disruption in Contemporary Israeli Autobiography' (L. Garret, B. Caine, F. Oz Salzberger)
- David Slucki, 'The Jewish Labor Bund after 1945: a Comparative History' (A. Markus, L. Garrett)
- Margie Taft, 'From Victim to Survivor: the Emergence and Development of the Holocaust Witness 1941-1949' (A. Markus)
- Michael Cohen, 'Anatomy of South African Antisemitism: Afrikaner Nationalism and South African Jewry Between the World Wars' (A. Markus)
- Miriam Feldheim, 'Reform Judaism in Israel: a Study in Religion and Democracy' (A. Markus, M. Baker)
- Anita Frayman, 'Cultural Approaches Towards Ageing: Jewish Community Trends' (A. Markus)
- Miriam Benedikt, 'Rabbinic Encounter with Patristic Literature in the Anthology of Midrash Psalms: Polemic or Cultural Poetics?' (M. Fagenblat, P. Howard)
- Ran Porat, 'The Israeli Community in Australia' (A. Markus, F. Oz-Salzberger)
- Annabelle Baldwin, 'Sexual Violence Against Jewish Women During the Holocaust in the Shoah Foundation Institute’s Visual History Archive' (L. Garrett, N. Shenker, A. Thomson)