|Date:||01 Jun 2018 - 03 Jun 2018 – All Day|
|Venue:||Paris Cat Jazz Club|
So What? Jazz and Improvised Music Research and its Impact on Artists, Scenes and Society
Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music
The Australasian Jazz and Improvisation Research Network (AJIRN) is pleased to announce a call for papers/presentations for a 3-day research conference on jazz and improvised music presented by The Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music – Monash University in association with the 2018 Melbourne International Jazz Festival (MIJF).
So What? is a timely invitation to explore the impact of jazz and improvisation research on artists and communities of practice and the way we put jazz and improvisation knowledge to work in a variety of different fields and settings. Those interested in preparing proposals may consider the following questions:
- What are the implications of jazz and improvisation research for other artistic and research communities?
- How are audience attitudes shaped by institutional agendas?
- How does research undertaken in the academy feed back into communities of practice and how might this best be measured?
- What can we do to enhance our impact within our own research and creative communities?
Please note that this list is by no means either exhaustive or exclusive and that we welcome proposals for presentations that include live performances.
Two presentation formats will be offered:
- Presentations/papers of 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes of discussion.
- Post Graduate Student research papers of 10 minutes followed by 10 minutes of discussion led by an expert panel. Post Graduate papers can be on a topic specific to the individual’s current research.
Deadline for submission of abstracts/proposals
300-word abstracts/proposals and 150 word bios to be submitted by 5:00pm on 9th of March 2018 (extended from the 28th of February) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: abstracts and bios should be submitted as Word .doc or .docx files.
Currently enrolled Post Graduate students are asked to note their degree type and the stage of their research at the time of their submission.
Applicants will be informed of their acceptance by 15 March 2018.
Full: $250 + GST Student: $150 + GST Conference fee includes catering.
Date Friday 1st June – Sunday 3rd June, 2018
Times Friday 5:00pm – 6:30pm
Saturday and Sunday 9:30am – 5:00pm
Venue Paris Cat Jazz Club 6 Goldie Place Melbourne
Conference Contact, Program Chair: Fiona Burnett: email@example.com
|Categories:||Conferences & Symposiums, Music|
|Schools:||Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music|