HSSM Symposium – 25 October 2018
In October this year, HSSM will hold a symposium for which we are currently welcoming abstracts and proposals.
Symposium – A pill for every ill?: Dialogues on drug practices, possibilities and harms
We welcome papers from scholars in the humanities, social sciences and medicine on these and other themes pertaining to therapeutic pharmacy and society:
- Historical perspectives on drug cultures
- The social life of pills and potions
- Drug advertising, media and consumers
- Overuse, underuse and misuse of antibiotics, psychoactives and other drugs
- Digital media diagnosis, prescription and dispensing
- Dosing compliance, transgression and invention
- The turn to psycho-pharmaceuticals for companion animals
Please send your 300 word abstract to email@example.com by 31 August 2018. HDR student papers are encouraged.
Please see the attached flyer for further information, dates, and contacts.