2017-2018 Nicolas Baudin Travel Grant Applications
The Embassy of France in Australia is pleased to announce that the applications for the 2017-2018 Nicolas Baudin Travel Grant are now open. The Nicolas Baudin Travel Grant is designed to encourage students to undertake study, research or professional development in France. The grant consists in a return flight ticket between Australia and France. For students undertaking an internship in a French laboratory or company, social insurance is also provided for a period of up to six months.
The Higher Education section has made some exciting new changes to the program from previous years, notably to include cotutelle candidates, students undertaking an internship in France, and students participating in a short course. By broadening the list of eligible candidates, we hope to receive an increased number of applications from a diverse range of students wishing to experience the benefits of studying in France. Additionally, applications must now be completed and submitted online to allow for a simpler and clearer process for students.
For this new version of the program, students are eligible to apply through the following frameworks:
1) Students seeking to undertake a research internship in a French laboratory or undertake an internship within a French company.
2) Students seeking to undertake research in a France as part of a cotutelle joint-PhD established between an Australian university and a French university. The student will obtain an Australian degree and a French degree at the end of their studies.
3) Students enrolled at an Australian university seeking to take part in a study abroad/ exchange program at a French establishment.
4) Student seeking to pursue a full degree at a French university (students will obtain a French degree at the end of their studies), including double degrees jointly offered by a French and an Australian university.
5) Students seeking to undertake a short term program at a French establishment. This includes summer and winter school programs.
Applications from research, internship and cotutelle students will be given special consideration.
To apply for the grant, students will need to visit the Embassy’s Grants and Opportunities page and follow the dedicated link to the online application platform.