Monash University Korean Studies Korean Studies Student Support Call for applications
2019 Monash University Korean Studies support for Korea related research (Open to Monash University students only).
Monash University Korean Studies
Korean Studies Student Support
Call for applications
From 2018-2022 Monash University Korean Studies will be providing financial support for students wishing to study Korean language or conduct Korean Studies related research. This year (2019), Monash Korean Studies will be awarding five awards of up to $3000 AUD.
This program is supported by the Core University Program for Korean Studies through the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Korea and Korean Studies Promotion Service of the Academy of Korean Studies (AKS-2017-OLU-2250002).
This funding can be used to support various kinds of activities, including the following:
- An approved exchange programme at a Korean university
- Attendance at a full semester or vacation time intensive course at a Korean university
- Study in a subject related to Korean Studies in a Korean university or at a university outside Melbourne
- Internships in Korea
- Archival research related to Korea (in Korea or another location outside Melbourne)
- Field work in Korea
- Translation work (in Korea or another location outside of Melbourne)
- Conference attendance (to present a paper)
Other reasonable Korea-related study plans will be considered.
Preference will be given in the following order:
Monash University Honors or PhD or MA students in a Korea-related subject
Monash University Undergraduate students majoring in Korean Studies
Monash University Undergraduate students minoring in Korean Studies
Monash University Undergraduate students taking a Diploma in Korean Studies
Monash University Undergraduate students who have taken three or more Korean language units at Monash
Other reasonable applications and proposals from Monash University students will also be considered for acceptance.
If you are unsure about eligibility or have any questions please consult with Lucien Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline for applications: March 31, 2019
In your applications, please complete the attached application form and include the following information:
- Your proposed period of study/research/etc.
- Where you intend to study/research/etc.
- The dates you intend to travel and return.
- The courses/units you intend to take abroad (if applicable).
- The type of research you intend to conduct (if applicable).
- If you have already applied for or been accepted on a program, please include evidence of this.
All successful applicants will need to provide evidence that their proposed study or research plans are confirmed before funds are remitted.
Upon completion of project, successful applicants will be expected to complete a short report about your studies. This will be no more than one A4 size sheet of paper. You will also be expected to provide scanned proof of attendance upon a course abroad (if necessary) and/or tickets abroad.
For application form, click here: