Step 1 : Check the facilities availability (and type)
- Contact our office by submitting a Media Lab Enquiry for advice on which areas of the facility are most appropriate for your requirements including available dates and times
- You will be contacted to discuss your project, requirements and dates/times
Step 2 : Obtain an initial estimate of charges
- An initial estimate will be forwarded to you outlining the total venue charges, including but not limited to room hire, set up fees, audio visual requirements, staffing and cleaning fees based on the requirements determined at Step 1.
- Please note that this amount will vary based on what is confirmed at Step 3
Step 3 : Confirm your technical and staffing requirements
- Review the estimate of charges to ensure that all technical and staffing arrangements listed are sufficient for your production.
- You need to advise this office at least 2 weeks prior to your booking if you require any additional audio visual equipment or staff not listed in the estimate. A minimum of 2 weeks’ notice is required to ensure the availability of a staff member.
- Please provide any additional information about the activities you intend to undertake in the relevant space(s) and include as much detail as necessary to ensure we clearly understand your requirements.
- If you are providing your own equipment, all electrical equipment brought onto campus must be Tested and Tagged with a current tag attached.
Step 4 : Obtain a final estimate of charges
- A Letter of Quote will be forwarded to you outlining an estimate of the total charges.
- Please Note: your final invoice may vary from the estimate if additional requirements are added throughout the booking process and on the day of your booking.
Step 5 : Confirm your booking
- To confirm your booking you are required to advise this office by returning the signed Booking Form, Terms and Conditions and the completed Public Liability Form with a copy of your insurance Certificate of Currency (see step 6 below).
- You must pay a holding deposit of 50% of the hiring fee.
- You will receive a booking confirmation in writing – please check the details are correct
Step 6 : Other ConsiderationsPublic liability
- In order to comply with University insurance regulations hirers must obtain and keep current public liability insurance to cover a minimum of $10 million. We will require a copy of your Certificate of Currency with the completed Public Liability Assessment Form. Alternatively, this can also be arranged through the University for $50+GST and will provide $10 million public liability for your booking. Payment can be made to Monash via EFT.
- Internal hirers are covered under the University’s public liability insurance
If you are using an External Contractor please be aware that there are certain policies and procedures to be adhered to prior to any contractor coming onto Campus. Please advise this office at least 2 weeks prior to your event the NAME and TYPE of Contractor to ensure all relevant documentation and information is forwarded to you. All external contractors must complete an OHS and site-specific online contractor inductionbefore providing their service. We will require a copy of your Certificate of Currency with the completed
Public Liability Assessment Form (see Public Liability information above).
Failure to complete an Induction will result in a cancellation of your booking.
Bringing your own equipment
- ALL electrical equipment bought onto campus must be “Tested and Tagged ” with a current tag attached.
- Hirers are not to interfere with audio-visual and studio equipment and/or electrical points, other than where this has been discussed and approved prior to the day.