In October this year, HSSM will hold a major symposium and grant accelerator workshop for which we are currently welcoming abstracts and proposals.
Symposium – A pill for every ill?: Dialogues on drug practices, possibilities and harms
We welcome papers from scholars in the humanities, social sciences and medicine on these and other themes pertaining to therapeutic pharmacy and society:
- Historical perspectives on drug cultures
- The social life of pills and potions
- Drug advertising, media and consumers
- Overuse, underuse and misuse of antibiotics, psychoactives and other drugs
- Digital media diagnosis, prescription and dispensing
- Dosing compliance, transgression and invention
- The turn to psycho-pharmaceuticals for companion animals
Please send your 300 word abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August 2018. HDR student papers are encouraged.
Grant Accelerator Workshop
As part of this event, HSSM is organising a workshop for those scholars who would like to obtain feedback on their Monash-led grant proposals in preparation. We are currently welcoming proposals.
The workshop will focus on the pitching of research problems for the ARC, NHMRC and other competitions, project descriptions, research environments, and the formation of chief investigator teams. With input from a panel of peers in the fields of medical humanities, health-oriented social sciences and medicine, participants will present their projects and gain feedback and advice. Proposals can be either in early stages of development or submitted as a project description prior to the workshop.
Please send your 200 word expression of interest to email@example.com by 31 August 2018.
Please see the attached flyer for further information, dates, and contacts.