Monash University's annual creative writing journal is now calling for submissions.
Verge 2017 Submission Guidelines:
1. Open to emerging and established writers.
2. No submission fee.
3. Must be an original unpublished work and not be under consideration elsewhere.
4. Poetry: maximum 60 lines; Graphic novel and photo essay: print quality, maximum 4 pages; Short story, narrative non-fiction and personal essay: maximum 3000 words.
5. 12-point font; Times New Roman; A4 page with 2.5cm margins; minimum 1.5 line spacing. Please note: authors of works requiring specific layout or white-space can request details for final page dimensions of the printed issue.
6. If a text file, use a header with the title of your work and the page number. Your name must not appear on your work.
7. Each submission must be saved as ‘Your name – Title of the work’ (maximum 3 submissions).
8. Acceptable file formats: .doc, .docx and .rtf for text files; .jpeg, .psd and .png for image files. Contact the editors with any queries.
9. Include a cover letter that has your name, address, email, phone number and a 50-word third-person bio.
10. Submit only electronic copies with the subject heading ‘Submission' to firstname.lastname@example.org midnight on Sunday 9 April 2017.
Back issues of Verge are available at Monash University Publishing.