Gender and borders
The Border Observatory centers the important of gender as it has often been marginalised within border research. The central aim of these projects is understand the impact of gender on migration, in the realms of border crossing and border policing.
- Border policing: gender, human rights and security
- Migrant Motherhood Project
- Sex work, migration and agency
Borders and Border Control
Control of migration is becoming an increasingly important task of contemporary policing and criminal justice agencies. Projects on external and internal border control are an important part of the Border Observatory’s research.
- Crime control in the borderlands of Europe
- Understanding immigration detention
- Migration in the Tibetan borderlands
- Migration policing