Australian Border Deaths Database
The Australian Border Deaths Database maintains a record of all known deaths associated with Australia’s borders since 1 January 2000.
Borders and Border Control
Control of migration is becoming an increasingly important task of contemporary policing and criminal justice agencies. Projects on external and internal border control are an important part of the Border Observatory’s research.
- Global Border Deaths
- Globalisation and the policing of internal borders
- The Australian Deportation Project
Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery
Human trafficking in all its forms has been the subject of significant debate and discussion, though empirical research in the area remains limited. The Border Observatory is conducting research into this important topic.
- Border policing: gender, human rights and security
- Migrant Motherhood Project
- Sex work, migration and agency
- Migration in Tibetan Borderlands
- Understanding Immigration Detention
- Crime Control in the Borderlands of Europe