CIUTI Conference 2019 Programme
The 2019 CIUTI Conference will be held at Monash University Caulfield campus from June 3 to June 5.
Pre-conference workshop: A pre-conference workshop on subtitling and media accessibility will be run by Dr Jing Jan (SBS/UWS) and A/Prof Jan-Louis Kruger (Macquarie University).
Opening: The conference will be opened officially on June 3, 2019, at 5.15pm by the Provost, Prof. Marc Parlange, followed by CIUTI President, Prof. Maurizio Viezzi.
The first session will consist of a plenary panel in which experts from Australia, China, Korea and the USA will discuss the situation of T&I in the Asia-Pacific region.
A Welcome Reception for all participants, sponsored by NAATI, will take place at 6.45pm. Included as complimentary with your conference registration, the Welcome Reception is a great opportunity to catch up and network with colleagues from across Australia and overseas.
- On June 4, Alison Graves, Head of Translation at the European Parliament.
- On June 5, Stephen Doherty, University of New South Wales.
- On June 4 and 5, three parallel sessions will give attendees the opportunity to listen to about 50 speakers coming from all over the world. See detailed downloadable programme.
Special CIUTI Plenary, June 4, 3-6pm (open to all participants)
- CIUTI Awards: CIUTI laureates for the 2018 best Master thesis (CIUTI Prize) and best PhD thesis (CIUTI Award) will present a brief summary of their work and receive their awards.
- CIUTI Special guests
- CIUTI Projects: Conference participants will have an opportunity to hear from some CIUTI representatives about the various current projects undertaken in their respective universities.